Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Timing Belt 1.4 Petrol
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
chrisfras1982
Hi, i have a 1.4 Zetec I think the timing belt has snapped or the water pump is knackered either way does anybody know if the Valves are rescest. need to know asap many thanks for any help!
stef123
[quote name='chrisfras1982' timestamp='1312582811' post='138831']
Hi, i have a 1.4 Zetec I think the timing belt has snapped or the water pump is knackered either way does anybody know if the Valves are rescest. need to know asap many thanks for any help!
[/quote]

This is an interference engine so there is a very good chance of valve damage.
chrisfras1982
Thanks for that info, i've ordered my haynes for collection I think i might need it
stef123
[quote name='chrisfras1982' timestamp='1312585259' post='138841']
Thanks for that info, i've ordered my haynes for collection I think i might need it
[/quote]

I think sourcing another cylinder head will be the easiest option rather than repair yours.

haynes will help you with torque setting and doing the timing none the less though
chrisfras1982
Thanks, just out of intrest do you know if the engine is the same as the fiesta, it would make the search at the scrapyard a little easier?
stef123
[quote name='chrisfras1982' timestamp='1312585603' post='138844']
Thanks, just out of intrest do you know if the engine is the same as the fiesta, it would make the search at the scrapyard a little easier?
[/quote]

you would need to find out the engine code but i suspect its exactly the same engine.

theres a few on ebay..
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=fusion+1.4+engine&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Full Colour Version: Help Timing Belt 1.4 Petrol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615