Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spark Plug Change
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
cpaan
Hello all,
I tried to change the plugs on my st 170 2002 reg but plug 1 &2 is jammed tight in and there is oil about half way up each of these plugs!!
I did manage to change 3 & 4 and no oil in these advice please.
MrRedman
Hi ive just had the same issue i soaked up the oil with kitchen roll(clean oil must of spilt it topping up)then used mole grips to give
more leaverage on the plug spanner careful tho worked for me.
Nigel S
Try soaking the rusted in plugs with penetrating oil (such as WD40) after soaking out the oil with kitchen roll.

Go very carefilly when trying to get out the plugs. You do not want to snap them off!
cpaan
Thanks for your replys any chance it could be the rocker gasket that needs changing to stop the oil loss ?
mjt
[quote name='Nigel S' timestamp='1312881006' post='139239']
Try soaking the rusted in plugs with penetrating oil (such as WD40)[/quote]
WD40 is NOT a penetrating oil - it's a [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WD-40"]Water Displacement spray[/url] - hence the "WD".
fiesta_lad
Sure it's not rusty water i had this problem and i thought it was oil turned out to be dirty water was getting through my washer jets and on to the plugs little seal up with sealent around the washer jets from under the bonnet sorted the mess.
cpaan
no its defo oil I had this on my celica gt4 it was the rear rocker gasket seal on that one
stef123
if its oil then it does sounds very much like the rocker cover gasket.

The best penetrating fluid i can recommend is plus gas - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLUSGAS-Dismantling-Lubricant-PLUS-GAS-250ml-TIN-CAN-/350469068679?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5199959787#ht_500wt_925

Absolutely brilliant stuff

Full Colour Version: Spark Plug Change
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.