Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hardtop Wiring
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
Streetkagirl
I have just bought a hardtop for 54 reg streetka. I have to fit brackets- thats ok. But can anyone help me as to where the heated rear screen plugs in- a long length of wire came with it as well as that connected to the hard top. Fuses tell me it is same as wiper washer but where is the connection ? Any help I would be grateful for.
nickdando
Have a look behind the passenger's seat. To the right of the central lockable panel, in the corner just behind the door opening, there's a black cable clipped into place with a connector on the end. That's where lead from the roof will plug in.

I'll see if I can take a photo of it tomorrow if you can't spot it.

Nick
Streetkagirl
[quote name='nickdando' timestamp='1313010777' post='139472']
Have a look behind the passenger's seat. To the right of the central lockable panel, in the corner just behind the door opening, there's a black cable clipped into place with a connector on the end. That's where lead from the roof will plug in.

I'll see if I can take a photo of it tomorrow if you can't spot it.

Nick
[/quote]
nickdando
Did you intend to write something?

Nick
1gris
Hi
Can you confirm which type of '54 Streetka you have please.
Did you buy the brackets or were they already fitted ?
If you did not have the hardtop from factory fit (purchased afterwards) the wiring for the rear screen is not fitted.

Hope this helps

Gris
Chatterbox
Is there no-one out there who knows anything concerning this fitting behind dashboard for connecting the adapter harness for a hard-top for a streetka?
Chatterbox
Is there no-one out there who knows anything concerning this fitting behind dashboard for connecting the adapter harness for a hard-top for a streetka?
davisspj

I have just bought the last 2 hardtop with fixing kits that Ford have in the UK.

HOWEVER, although I have a detailed diagram and fixing instructions as well as the fixing instructions for the wiring to go behind the dash they have omitted to put the wiring in the hardtop kit...

I have to fix the brackets,(diagram supplied), then find someone who will be able to retro-fit me a connection for the electrics in the Hardtop as Ford tell me the wires from the dash/ fusebox are no longer available from Ford and would have to come from Germany but they think they are no longer made...

Would anyone have any ideas on running a connection through the car to supply the after-market Hardtop I have just purchased please?

Im quite angry really as in the booklet accompanying the hardtop and fixing brackets etc  the wiring is clearly noted as being in the kits I purchased.... But hey, ive got a hardtop now, just need the rear heater powering up...Can anyone help??? 07402 871226  

Full Colour Version: Hardtop Wiring
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615