Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus 1.6 Tdci (90) Oil Leak?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
DBakes
Hi All,

Just joined, looks like a lot of informed people on here :) I'm hoping someone can comment on my query below:

It's not entirely clear from the picture below but I have a lot of oil covering the Turbo heat shield, downpipes and ancillaries all around the area in the photo. I gave it a wipe a few months ago but its covered the area again. No noticeable drop in the oil level either.

Any cause for major concern? The car itself is running great.

Thanks in advance!

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-DLO0RjB6E6M/TkOmxgzrD_I/AAAAAAAAP_Y/uZQrHSHOsJk/s720/IMG_20110811_103644.jpg[/img]
alexlark
Hi, welcome to the forum! RCT massive :D

I had a simular issue on my MK1 Focus, turned out to be a very small hole in the intercooler hose. Could hardly notice it when the engine was idle. Due to the high pressure involved with the turbo and hoses, oil mist would come from the hole and cover everything around the area. This happened when driving everytime the turbo kicked in. It's worth a check ;)
grahamp
I've got a similar issue on the same engine, can't work out where its coming from! The metal bracket under the air intake hose gets oily. Guess I'll be taking pipes off soon then :huh:

Full Colour Version: Focus 1.6 Tdci (90) Oil Leak?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.