Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Misfiring Focus 2010 Model
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
stokie123
I have a huge problem that i need help with. I am a self employed driving instructor and am being almost bankrupted by a problem with my car. It has been happening for 6 months on and off and has been into the dealership (under warranty) 3 times. They have changed the sensors on the exhaust and i have put fuel additive through but it ios still happening. I will go back to the siad garage but have lost confidence and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions i could put to them,

Thanks in advance
fiesta_lad
[quote name='stokie123' timestamp='1313076281' post='139530']
I have a huge problem that i need help with. I am a self employed driving instructor and am being almost bankrupted by a problem with my car. It has been happening for 6 months on and off and has been into the dealership (under warranty) 3 times. They have changed the sensors on the exhaust and i have put fuel additive through but it ios still happening. I will go back to the siad garage but have lost confidence and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions i could put to them,

Thanks in advance
[/quote]

Ask them to put it through a diagnostics machine and work from there has your engine managment light come on. I know when i had a missfire on my fiesta 2001 rac done a diagnostics and it was missing on cylinder 2 so i changed the spark plugs and the ht leads and that sorted the problem. So my first bet would be diagnostics lets me know how u get on.
jeebowhite
I would be in the mindset to take the car back and get your money back, 6 months is a joke if they havent fixed it. Agree with Fiesta_lad, get them to put it on the diagnostics machine, and tell them you want it fixing and you wont take it back until it is!

Full Colour Version: Misfiring Focus 2010 Model
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615