Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: High Level Brake Light
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
Kermit the Frod
Hi , seeking advice ,, I think most people are aware that the high level light on Focus are prone to fail as continuous opening of the door breaks the wiring, it has happened in the past on my 1.6 1998 Estate, but I found last weekend that my light are staying on when I turn the ignition on. Normally I would consider a bad earth if lights did not work , but as these rascals are on all the time ,can anyone tell me where to look for a remedy?

Many thanks. Kermit the Frod
stef123
[quote name='Kermit the Frod' timestamp='1313088108' post='139560']
Hi , seeking advice ,, I think most people are aware that the high level light on Focus are prone to fail as continuous opening of the door breaks the wiring, it has happened in the past on my 1.6 1998 Estate, but I found last weekend that my light are staying on when I turn the ignition on. Normally I would consider a bad earth if lights did not work , but as these rascals are on all the time ,can anyone tell me where to look for a remedy?

Many thanks. Kermit the Frod
[/quote]

the switch on the brake pedal
MrRedman
yeah id say the switch too.
jonboy01
if you remove the panel from the drivers side just under the steering wheel you will have better access to the brake switch...you dont say whether all the brake lights stay on or if its just the high level one??

but if they all stay on then the culprit would seem to be the brake switch..its located on the brake pedal assy inside the car.

Full Colour Version: High Level Brake Light
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.