Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thrust Bearing Squeal
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
blueovalcraig
Hi folks.

My 2009 Focus ZS 1.8tdci has developed a squeak from the thrust bearing and it's driving me mad.

I am a car mechanic and little things like this really annoy me so I took it to my local dealer who kept it for two days only to call me up and say that they weren't doing anything to it as it wasn't bad enough to repair and to bring it back when it got worse.

Now, my 'local' dealer is on the mainland so it costs me approx 45 to get car to him and I can assure you I wasn't happy at all with his manner etc so I have decided that I will replace the thrust bearing myself.

Basically what I'm asking here is has anybody else had the squeaking/squealing noise from their thrust bearing?

I find that the car can be quite sluggish when pulling away from a standstill and I was thinking about getting it chipped? Any recommendations for chips?

I also have the rear windscreen washer pipe rubbing through paintwork, another job I will repair myself.
jeebowhite
Correct me if I am wrong but a squeak in the thrust bearing is a new clutch? you would be better taking it to the dealer and getting the clutch assembly replaced under warranty...

The reason they said "bring it back later" is because "later" is when your warranty ends, and they get more money :)

Full Colour Version: Thrust Bearing Squeal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.