Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's My Serial Number
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Hitman
Hi,

I have a Ford Fiesta which does not have a detachable radio. The car won't start all of a sudden and is prompting me for the radio code. How can I determine this without a detachable radio?

Meantime, the car displays a padlock superimposed on a car, on the dashboard. Can anyone shed some light on what it means please? I have attached an image of the file.
jeebowhite
[quote name='Hitman' timestamp='1313102740' post='139612']
Hi,

I have a Ford Fiesta which does not have a detachable radio. The car won't start all of a sudden and is prompting me for the radio code. How can I determine this without a detachable radio?

Meantime, the car displays a padlock superimposed on a car, on the dashboard. Can anyone shed some light on what it means please? I have attached an image of the file.
[/quote]

The car not starting is actually an immobiliser issue (hence your padlock on the car). And the radio asking for the code, is actually due to a loss of power to the car, and its reset the radio, you will need to access the manual or remove the radio to get at the code (I believe that looks like the MK6 fiesta and I think it does detach!)

In the meantime, if you have had any battery issues, it could be that your immobiliser needs to be reset and recoded, but you have certainly ahd an issue that will require Fords hawk eyes, and massive prices im afraid...

Full Colour Version: What's My Serial Number
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.