Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is This Red Plug Behind Glove Box....?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
focus steve77
Hi any one have any ideas what this red plug behind my glove box is for....?
WHITEyy118
I to have that wire. At first I thought it was the AUX cable but under close inspection it's not so I'm stumped also. It is weird why there is wiring included that leads nowhere and does nothing.

Just yesterday while I had the rear boot insulation out I noticed another wire that lead nowhere. I should have really took a picture but I forgot. It was an orange wire that lead up from underneath the boot. Strange :blink:
Preee
Maybe it is for the Manual passenger Air bag Switch.
focus steve77
Just read somewhere its something to do with airbag but what i do not know, if its passenger airbag switch where does the switch go to turn it off/on, have seen this type of switch on peugeot but not ford....?
jeebowhite
Think its in the left hand side of the dashboard as you open the door, you should have the key slot, otherwise some cars have them in the glovebox, but I think we can elimiate that one...
Preee
Its an Optional extra and it sits top section of open glovebox , if you had it installed there would be center consol light next to heated front winscreen switch , to display if you had turned it off.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.