Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Immobiliser Problems Help Plz
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
scot the sniper
hi ppl

i have a ford focus 1.4 x reg

i took it to the garage tonight filled up with fuel then went to the park with the kids had a great time on getting back in the car turning the key i got all lights but no turn over. im quite mechanicly minded so looked at starter no apparent slack leads so got a tow from a friend still not starting ok i think immobiliser or lost program in the key, so got a lift home from my friend got the spare key( the keys i have have a blue bit on the top of them wot for i do not know) anyway got spare key back down to car still nothing any ideas ppl im really stuck and need the car for school runs and work.

kind regards
scot

ok the latest the immobiliser seems to recognise the key no rapid flashing of red light and goes of when ignition is on, phoned up ford spoke to workshop foreman he said its possibly the relay, my question is where is this relay on the car?

kind regards
scot
Fire26662
If you look in the fascia fuse box it is marked 17 or the top right hand relay.
alexlark
When you say the car does not turn over do you mean nothing at all happens when you turn the key all the way?
Ivan Petkov
[quote name='scot the sniper' timestamp='1313535808' post='140350']
spoke to workshop foreman he said its possibly the relay, my question is where is this relay on the car?
[/quote]
which relay? i think there is a relay in fuse box... can u give us more information?
scot the sniper
sorry guys managed to sort it disconnected battery for 2 seconds replaced lead started first time. i thought to myself cant be a starter rely as the car would not start with a tow.

Full Colour Version: Immobiliser Problems Help Plz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.