Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Footrest
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Graf
Hi. Just bought a Focus (2008 Titanium 2.0 TDCi Powershift) and just joined this club so be gentle with me.

Great car, but tiny problem is that I have back problems, and my left foot needs supporting. But no footrest! Does anyone know if it is possible to acquire and fit a footrest? I have heard that the Focus ST has one fitted - is that true??
jeebowhite
not sure about the ST, but as for a footrest, theres no real mounting point for one to my understanding, you could of course drill a small hole through the floor (as long as theres no cables behind it!) and fit a nut on the underside and then install an aftermarket part

Some like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NAVIGATORS-CO-DRIVERS-ALLY-FOOTREST-TRACK-RALLY-CAR-/140580811742?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20bb44f3de may just affix to the carpet, but are not entirely "secure" as would be the case with bolting it down...
Graf
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1313654894' post='140494']
not sure about the ST, but as for a footrest, theres no real mounting point for one to my understanding, you could of course drill a small hole through the floor (as long as theres no cables behind it!) and fit a nut on the underside and then install an aftermarket part

Some like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NAVIGATORS-CO-DRIVERS-ALLY-FOOTREST-TRACK-RALLY-CAR-/140580811742?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20bb44f3de may just affix to the carpet, but are not entirely "secure" as would be the case with bolting it down...
[/quote]

Thanks for that. ebay item looks interesting, have asked seller about fitting!

I've heard many focus and mondeo owners taliking about this issue, wonder why Ford don't bother - most other manufacturers do!
jeebowhite
I agree, I have one on the Cee'd a little recessed just away from the pedal foot rest. Its a small convenience but it makes a large difference.

Hopefully fitting will be easy for you, I just went to ebay and searched "Car Foot Rest" and found that, so you may find others similar / better priced / better product!

Full Colour Version: Focus Footrest
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615