Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Faulty Egr Valve?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
LisaPaice
I have an 02 plate Ford Mondeo Estate, recently the Engine Management light came on, when I took it to my local garage the diagnostic came back as the EGR valve, they reset the light and I took the car away, since then I have driven 2000 or so miles, it has been burning a little oil, but other than that fine, now the engine management light has come on again. Is the valve likely to be faulty if so how much is it likely to cost to replace or is there another way around it?
Not technical myself, but my dad manages to do a lot of things on my car up until now.
Any suggestions
mintalkin
the egr valve can be removed and cleaned,its a messy job but cheaper than a new one.
LisaPaice
If it's messy, is it easy ish? Don't think my dad would appreciate removing half the engine! Sounds like a cheaper option though, has anyone done this? Is there anything / special tools we should be aware of?
Thanks
mintalkin
this may be of assistance
http://www.talkford.com/topic/158427-2002-mondeo-18-zetec-egr-valve/
LisaPaice
That's brilliant thanks for your help, going to try and last another week with the light on and have a go next weekend so fingers crossed will avoid big repair bill.
My dad has studied the Haynes manual and it mentions replacing the gasket when you take it off, but can't see this mentioned anywhere. Do we need to do this does anyone know?
Sorry for so many questions but I am just a novice!
mintalkin
if i remember right its a metal gasket so you should be able to reuse it.

Full Colour Version: Faulty Egr Valve?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615