Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Additive Empty
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
suz
Hello all,

I own a 05 plate focus - 1.6 TDCI

It has done 80k miles and had its last service in June

For the past few weeks I keep getting the red warning light come on and the display reads "engine systems fault"

As I was on holiday my mum took it it the garage and two fault codes were returned

P2585 and P2458

The mechanic said it was down to the fuel additive regeneration container being empty.

What I wanted to know was is this something that should have been checked at the service, and also since it was empty is there any damage that could have been caused to the car?

Thank you in advance
Suzy
Fire26662
The ELOYS additive shopuld be checked every 37.5 thousand mile service, the DPF should be replaced at 75 thousand.
The fluid is pretty expensive so be warned.
suz
[quote name='Fire26662' timestamp='1313875833' post='140863']
The ELOYS additive shopuld be checked every 37.5 thousand mile service, the DPF should be replaced at 75 thousand.
The fluid is pretty expensive so be warned.
[/quote]

Yeah he has re-filled it already and was a bit surprise at the bill put it that way! :blink:

So should the Ford dealer hace checked it at 75k one then? Think I shall be giving them a call on Monday!!

Thank you
Fire26662
Yes in a nutshell. You can see/download the service schedule direct from Ford.
[url="http://www.etis.ford.com/"]Here[/url]

Full Colour Version: Fuel Additive Empty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615