Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Member Please Help No Power
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
sonya
Hi All

I have a 2001 ford mondeo 1.8 petrol mk2.
today i was driving my car which normally have no problems at all love the car today it decided just to stop in on the road and would not start again.
All lights on dash were flasing and clocks disappeared(went off)there was no power going to engine.so long story short got towed home and while getting towed tried to start the car and nothing just the door locks going crazy and the lights on the dash flashing.sounds like a flat battery but checked that and its perfect so not battery.any ideas would be greatfull thanks sonya
jeebowhite
[quote name='sonya' timestamp='1313968077' post='141048']
Hi All

I have a 2001 ford mondeo 1.8 petrol mk2.
today i was driving my car which normally have no problems at all love the car today it decided just to stop in on the road and would not start again.
All lights on dash were flasing and clocks disappeared(went off)there was no power going to engine.so long story short got towed home and while getting towed tried to start the car and nothing just the door locks going crazy and the lights on the dash flashing.sounds like a flat battery but checked that and its perfect so not battery.any ideas would be greatfull thanks sonya
[/quote]

Hi Sonya, what did you measure on the battery? It does sound like it could be battery or alternator, but just because the volts are there, doesnt mean there are enough amps to give it the kick it needs...

Full Colour Version: New Member Please Help No Power
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615