Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Offside Lights Not Working ?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford S-Max Club
In the Dark
Doing the annual pre-MOT checks on my S-Max, i have discovered that front side light & rear light on offside of the car are not working. (headlights / brake lights all OK) Checked the bulbs & all are OK. Cannot find any list of a fuse for side & rear lights, anyone have any suggestions ? Reluctant to take it into the local garage as still fighting with them over an issue they created at the last service.
cyb
front and rear light failure usually indicates a blown fuse, best check the owners manual to see which one :)
In the Dark
Yes, a fuse was my first thought, but as far as i can see from the owners manual only headlamps, brake & reversing lights have individual fuses.
MikeF
I have same problem but with nearside front & back sidelights! Can't see from owners handbook which fuse protects this circuit. Unless anyone can help I guess I will have to inspect every fuse!
Disinterested
I have the same problem. Apparently its something do to with the terribly clever lighting control system (obviously not THAT clever) which needs to be reset. I was advised to disconnect the battery in order to reset the system, but that didn't work. If you can find the electrical connection into the ECU under the glovebox, this is also an option to reset the system. Alternatively it seems to be a common enough issue that any decent Ford garage ought to be able to fix it in about five minutes.

Full Colour Version: Offside Lights Not Working ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615