Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does A New Pump Need New Injectors
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
youngy1980
As above iv got to put a new diesel pump on my Mondeo tdci well a second hand one so can I use my injectors or do I have to use the injectors from where the pump come from
jeebowhite
[quote name='youngy1980' timestamp='1314187048' post='141355']
As above iv got to put a new diesel pump on my Mondeo tdci well a second hand one so can I use my injectors or do I have to use the injectors from where the pump come from
[/quote]

Unless your concerned about the injectors at present there shouldnt be any need for replacing them, should just be the pump.
youngy1980
Also is there Any way of testing a second hand pump to see if it works ok and how much does it cost to have the new pump programmed
Thanks
jeebowhite
[quote name='youngy1980' timestamp='1314930766' post='142441']
Also is there Any way of testing a second hand pump to see if it works ok and how much does it cost to have the new pump programmed
Thanks
[/quote]

Never really thought of programming a pump, never knew it needed doing! as for testing a pump, if its on a motor at a scrappy, just take an injector out and get someone to start the motor, if fuel leaks out then its working!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.