Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Brake Warning Sensor
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
puggers
Hi

I have an S Max 2.0 Titanium diesel which I am looking to sell but it has a fault which I need to sort first. We recently replaced one of the rear brake lamps after being warned it was faulty by the dash board computer thingummy.

We have checked that the bulb is working correctly etc but we can't seem to stop the faulty warning sensor flashing up every time you start the car up and then use the brakes.

What do we have to do to get rid of this warning? There doesn't seem to be anything to reset anywhere?

Thanks
jeebowhite
double check both bulbs, and replace the other if you havent already done so, also take a look at the housing / fixture and make sure that there is no corrosion or bad connections to the bulb holder. this could be a part of the issue.
natz89
Hi, your best bet is doing what the guy said above but also getting a multimtere and testing the wires from the fixture make sure theres no faulty wires or trapped ones in the dash. =)
puggers
Hi. Thanks for help. Tried another new bulb, system working perfectly now, although with old new bulb, the lights worked perfectly but the warning display was still showing on dash. Suspect very sensitive system. Thanks again.

Full Colour Version: Rear Brake Warning Sensor
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.