Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rs Spoiler On Mk2 Zetec 56Plate
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
rockstar2022
hi
obviously buying an rs spoiler from a ford dealer is out of the question as it is verry expensive i am looking at one on ebay. my question is that i have noticed that my current spoiler has the rear water jet attached to it, would this work with with an rs spoiler or would i have to fashion a replacement?

thanks
rockstar2022
Lenny
[font="Calibri"][size="3"]Hi,[/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]On the RS or ST spoiler that ford supplies it comes with a new jet and a little extension pipe with a male to male adaptor to bridge the connection, [/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]If youíre buying a replica its best to ask the seller if the jet is supplied, if itís not you can easily purchase the parts to do it yourself.[/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]also the rear light unit has to be rewired, not a big job I can check reference to positive and negative for you as to which cable is which, the existing bolts I think thereís 6 or 8 will bolt through your new spoiler just the same as they do on your current one. [/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]The panel above the rear window unclips to reveal the shiny M8 nuts. [/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]Just line the roof of your car with a duvet or bubble wrap to prevent the spoiler from chipping the roof when you unbolt it mate.

All Mk2 and Mk2.5 boot panels are the same so dont worry if it says mk2.5, ive converted to an ST spoiler thats how i know so much about it mate.:) [/size][/font]

rockstar2022
thanks for your help is there anywhere other than a polish business on ebay that i can buy a spoiler off????
thats less that 200 quid?
thanks
rockstar
Lenny
How does £112 Brand Spankin new sound? [url="http://www.eurotuningshop.eu/?mod=23&t=pP&cPath=1_24_80&pID=1731"]Click Here[/url]
tou will have to spray it as its made of fibre glass, but you could carbon wrap the blade would look nice side parts painted same colour as the car and the blades carbon fibre.:)
also you may like this site, [url="http://sojp.taobao.com/?search=y&keyword=%B8%A3%BF%CB%CB%B9&viewType=grid&orderType=_hotsell&pageNum=3#anchor"]Craft shop[/url] cant get any cheaper with some cool modifications.:D
rockstar2022
do you know whats funny thats the place i was gonna buy it from in poland i have found a few second hand sales in the uk so ill try and pursue them first
thank you for all your help i really appreciate it
rockstar2022
Lenny
[quote name='rockstar2022' timestamp='1314360860' post='141594']
do you know whats funny thats the place i was gonna buy it from in poland i have found a few second hand sales in the uk so ill try and pursue them first
thank you for all your help i really appreciate it
rockstar2022
[/quote]

No problem mate,
happy to help, keep me posted on your progress, and when your swapping them over please take loads of pictures of the process, then when your finished, upload some of them to the site and create a guide to fitting a RS or ST rear spoiler, as their no guide on here for this part and i ment to do it myself but i dont know why i didnt.
rockstar2022
so you attached an rs spoiler? where did you get yours from?
thanks
rockstar2022
Lenny
[quote name='rockstar2022' timestamp='1314439787' post='141673']
so you attached an rs spoiler? where did you get yours from?
thanks
rockstar2022
[/quote]
Sorry mate i attached a ST Spoiler but the princibles are the very same,
the same bolts tail light unit as the RS and water Jet position i bought it new from ford on ebay,
got it sprayed for equivilant cost in euro to £50 fitted it myself

heres a picture of whats under the spoiler cable for brake light and the water jet hose.

also: when removing the bolts count the rotations to removing each one and take note of the rotations, this is important for putting the bolts back in.. as you dont want to put them in too tight and split the spoiler.:)

if you look at images of the RS rear spoiler you will see five shaped bumps in the bottom of the spoiler that drop in to the pockets of the boot seen in the picture below,
in the centre of these pockets is the bolts that are under the plastic panel above the glass,
the bolts go through the boot panel in to the spoiler. you can also see where i had to snip the cable for the brake and mount the new connector for the ST/RS brake light unit.
fitting either rear spoiler will cost you slightly more on fuel cost also, just to inform :D
bubble wrap is ideal for the spoiler to rest on while removing and mounting to prevent scratching the roof of the car.

[img]http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/lennymanwoods/Image0356.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/lennymanwoods/Image0707.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/lennymanwoods/Image0788.jpg[/img]

Full Colour Version: Rs Spoiler On Mk2 Zetec 56Plate
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615