Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Idle Control Vavle Problems
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
natz89
Hey guys n girls,
i recently brought a fiesta 1999 n everytime i drive it and put my foot on the clutch it revs really high. ive been told by a professional mechanic that its my idle control vavle and i was just wondering if this is a common problem. im only a level 2 in cars and not to sure on that. was wondering if any1 knew much about it?

Many thanks
btmaldon
ICV issues are common. Sometimes you can get away with cleaning them out with Carb Cleaner. Alternatively you can pick them up for about £30 on eBay. Only two or three bolts to undo and an electrical connector.
natz89
[quote name='btmaldon' timestamp='1314466276' post='141728']
ICV issues are common. Sometimes you can get away with cleaning them out with Carb Cleaner. Alternatively you can pick them up for about 30 on eBay. Only two or three bolts to undo and an electrical connector.
[/quote]

Hey,
Thanks for your comment =) im going to try and clean it out. Im not sure what you would use to clean it with tho =/
natz89
So i brought some carb cleaner and it seems to have worked =)
btmaldon
[quote name='natz89' timestamp='1314624267' post='141888']
So i brought some carb cleaner and it seems to have worked =)
[/quote]
Good job. Saved yourself a few pennies.
natz89
[quote name='btmaldon' timestamp='1314638824' post='141928']
Good job. Saved yourself a few pennies.
[/quote]

i certaininly have lol =) she goes all nippy now...well chuffed

Full Colour Version: Idle Control Vavle Problems
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.