Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Mount Problems!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
troubled dad !
Hi Guys (and Girls !)

I am a newbie on this site altho my other heap of rust is a Land rover 90 ! so i`m used to asking for help lol.
Have bought my daughter 17 a ford Ka, have spent nearly 1000. having loads of work done, new rad, brakes, head etc.
all seemed ok but today herd a clunk as if somethings loose then braked going down a hill and the (i Think!) the engine has broken from the mounts and smashed into the rad ! (which is new :( ) so all fluid leaked out.

Q how many engine mounts does a 2003 Duratec engine have and has anyone heard of this problem before? or ideas on a fix or what else to look for ?
i need to try and work out if its worth throwing anymore money at it as im convinced its a dog, but my daughter likes it as its Red !!
Please help some-one and thanks for taking the time to read this !

Q2 How is the best way to tackle a small ish hole in the bodywork by the fuel filler cap ??
SandyCat
That thing sounds like an MOT failure and fit the for the scrapyard. I wouldn't want my son or daughter in it !

But if you are set on trying to rescue it you could get a Haynes manual which covers most things. Rust round the filler cap seems to be common and you may just have to fill it in the normal way although once rust sets in it's hard to stop.

I would strongly suggest you get the floor pan and sills checked out as well because they rust through and then it really is a gonner.

Full Colour Version: Engine Mount Problems!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.