Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Focus Shaking
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
dan27
hi all i just bought a focus 1999 and there is a problem when i accelerate over 60 mph the whole car shakes but if i lift off and coast it dissapears has any 1 else had this problem any ideas
btmaldon
[quote name='dan27' timestamp='1314721352' post='142053']
hi all i just bought a focus 1999 and there is a problem when i accelerate over 60 mph the whole car shakes but if i lift off and coast it dissapears has any 1 else had this problem any ideas
[/quote]
I would start by getting the wheels balanced. As the whole car is shaking it is most likely the rears that are out. Also check for excessive wher on the inner edge of the tyres. This would suggest your tracking is out.
natz89
I agree with the guy above. I would say its the tracking or something to do with the alinment. i would get it checked out although its nothing extreme its still better to be safe then sorry

Full Colour Version: Ford Focus Shaking
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615