Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedometer Cut Out
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
owls4ever
The other day i was travelling around 60mph on a dual carriageway and all of a sudden the speedometer needle fell down to around 30mph and then back up to the speed i was travelling at.

No cut out of engine or anything...no issues since...

No warning lights have come on either, so i was just wondering if this is a common fault and if anyone has any advice to give on this? Could this be a major issue and will an ECU check at a garage point me (or more importantly the mechanic) in the right direction as to how this can be rectified

My car is a focus 1.6 edge 54 reg

Cheers
mintalkin
its very unlikely that a code will be stored, it might be the speed senor starting to play up, keep an eye on it and see if it happens again it may well have been just a one off.
jayne12
[quote name='owls4ever' timestamp='1314968822' post='142484']
The other day i was travelling around 60mph on a dual carriageway and all of a sudden the speedometer needle fell down to around 30mph and then back up to the speed i was travelling at.

No cut out of engine or anything...no issues since...

No warning lights have come on either, so i was just wondering if this is a common fault and if anyone has any advice to give on this? Could this be a major issue and will an ECU check at a garage point me (or more importantly the mechanic) in the right direction as to how this can be rectified

My car is a focus 1.6 edge 54 reg

Cheers
[/quote]

Full Colour Version: Speedometer Cut Out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.