Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2007 Focus 1.6 Tdci Problems...
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
foo_addict
Hi all,

On a recent trip the car started making a funny noise. It sounded as if it was coming from the radiator/intercooler area. The noise kicked in all of a sudden and would stay present whilst the radiator fan was running after the ignition was switched off. Took a short video of the sound on my phone while it was held in front of the grill at the front of the car, please listen at the link below...

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iFyuQ1u-IM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iFyuQ1u-IM[/URL]

Took the car to my local dealer today and they did some checks and said the Turbo has gone. I have no other problems other than this sound that has happened two or three times in the last couple of weeks

The garage says that they can fit a new turbo but it will most likely blow again in a month or two - they say only a completly new engine and turbo will fix it.

Is this something anyone has heard before? If the turbo was that broken would I not be suffering loss of power?

The car is a 2007, has only covered 34k and has full ford service history.

Any advice appreciated,

Adam
Leemaxd
Whole new engine that's mad, have you taken it to various garages for a quote ?
foo_addict
Not yet, but will be 5-6k at this dealer for new engine + turbo.

Apparently there is 'swarf' in the engine from the faulty turbo that (in most cases) even an engine flush will not completely remove!
Karlos
Sounds a bit dodgy to me. Surely if the noise is still present whilst the fan is running but the engine is off, then it's a problem with the fan?
dreadz
i agree if the engine is switched off, then cant be engine fault/turbo as they cease to run after stopped!!! sounds like bearing on something- radiator???

get a 2nd opinion mate-definately not engine related!

Full Colour Version: 2007 Focus 1.6 Tdci Problems...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615