Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Want A 2.o Tdci Focus Forget It, Don't Order It
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
stugga
2.0 tdci ordered 20/6 , received call from dealer late august to advise 2.0 d issues and no build date likely before december, astra ordered instead. shocking .

i wanted a 2.0 diesel so i suppose i have to put up with 2nd best

was not impressed that they could not supply a car in 6 months. truly shocking
cuke
[quote name='stugga' timestamp='1315091559' post='142703']
2.0 tdci ordered 20/6 , received call from dealer late august to advise 2.0 d issues and no build date likely before december, astra ordered instead. shocking .

[/quote]

Hi, come on now Ford aren't alone with supply issues some buyers are having to wait for over a year for other manufacturers. As for the Astra being second best, I don't think so, much lower and nowhere near a Focus...
Chris
tomo2001
Skoda have been quoting 6 months from earlier this year
adzmcp
Dealers are in the dark and just as annoyed. They want to register and tax cars ASAP and when Ford ain't making them it hinders sales. We have had plenty of 2.0tdci ordered and the builds been put back and back. Latest one we have now is Feb build !!!!!!! These were ordered months ago aswell. Don't even bother putting 2.0tdci with powershift god knows when these will be built.
Leemaxd
My father inlaw has just ordered a new freelander and he has to wait 4 months
wenwitch
Ordered the Ford Focus Titanium X 2.0tdci with powershift on June 4th. Was notified 2 weeks ago, that build date was 4th Oct. and delivery to be the end of October. Will keep you informed as to outcome
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='cuke' timestamp='1315126489' post='142715']
Hi, come on now Ford aren't alone with supply issues some buyers are having to wait for over a year for other manufacturers. As for the Astra being second best, I don't think so, much lower and nowhere near a Focus...
Chris
[/quote]
Very true ! I work for a car manufacturer and we are struggling on gearbox's !!! Customers having to wait !
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='adzmcp' timestamp='1315157461' post='142801']
Dealers are in the dark and just as annoyed. They want to register and tax cars ASAP and when Ford ain't making them it hinders sales. We have had plenty of 2.0tdci ordered and the builds been put back and back. Latest one we have now is Feb build !!!!!!! These were ordered months ago aswell. Don't even bother putting 2.0tdci with powershift god knows when these will be built.
I have a mate waiting on S-Max ! He ordered August and now told december !
[/quote]
Loz Cheung
it is a shame when ford have a big production line and output :(

i know someone who ordered a range rover sport recently, about 2 months ago...? they couldnt even give them an exact date for when it would begin to be built! 'earliest will be january next year' and that would be a long shot!
cuke
Hi, the thing is nobody overproduces cars anymore then stores them on a big field...
Chris
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='Loz Cheung' timestamp='1317893371' post='147250']
it is a shame when ford have a big production line and output :(

i know someone who ordered a range rover sport recently, about 2 months ago...? they couldnt even give them an exact date for when it would begin to be built! 'earliest will be january next year' and that would be a long shot!
[/quote]
Well I work for Landrover and yes big waiting list ! But I would rather wait for a car hot off production instead of one stock piled in a field .....
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='cuke' timestamp='1317896734' post='147255']
Hi, the thing is nobody overproduces cars anymore then stores them on a big field...
Chris
[/quote]
This was the old ford way where their focus cars were stock piled in fields and customer ends up with nemerous problems as the car really is 3 months old for example !
cuke
Hi, all the manufacturers used to do this, Fiats that were rusty before they even had there first registration. Cars are more or less built to order...
Chris
wenwitch
Update on my order. The car is off the production line and is set for delivery 12th Nov.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='wenwitch' timestamp='1318010273' post='147461']
Update on my order. The car is off the production line and is set for delivery 12th Nov.
[/quote]
Well worth the wait !
algy1943
[quote name='stugga' timestamp='1315091559' post='142703']

[/quote]
You have missed out so bad, I have just traded my 2.5T Kuga Titanium in for a 2010 2.0L Powershift, Titanium Focus, it is the best fastest car I have owned, knocked the Kuga into oblivion
algy1943
wenwitch
The wait is nearly over. Delivery date is now the 29th October. The car has been unloaded at Liverpool so just waiting for it to be sent to dealer now.
wenwitch
The wait is nearly over. Delivery date is now the 29th October. The car has been unloaded at Liverpool so just waiting for it to be sent to dealer now.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='wenwitch' timestamp='1319040787' post='149082']
[/quote]
Well worth the wait ! I love mine !!
focus3man
hi
sent an email to my dealer today and have just received this reply.

The car left the port yesterday and is currently being shipped across to Britain.
the eta date to dealer is week ending 5th november
in reality they normally arrive before this date
I will update when the car is showing a status in this country.

so here's hoping i will soon have my new focus
bmwtouring
Hi all, ordered my Candy Red Focus TitaniumX 2.0 litre Diesel powershift on the 30th june, it is now at the dealership having its PDI

"WHOOPPEE HAPPY DAYS" and 20% extra discount on Ford insurance for having the driver assist pack

Kev
Preee
They must be out there but this one is not powershift

[url="http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/VehicleAdvert/Ford/Focus/333844"]http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/VehicleAdvert/Ford/Focus/333844[/url]
steven8596
I only hope your gear box is not like mine, six speed and makes a noise when im changing up through the gears, the ford engineer said it is a characteristic of the box a trait of the make up of box,for me thay just did not get it quite right here i am six months later and no were near to getting result just make sure yours is not like mine.
focus3man
hi again
anyone know what port they use to ship the focus from saarlouis to the uk and which uk port do they put into.
also how long is the voyage.
can't wait
thanks
wenwitch
WOW, just had phonecall, pick my new car up tomorrow, can't wait. I feel like a kid on Xmas Eve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cuke
Hi, not much sleep tonight then... :)
Chris
wenwitch
I am now the proud owner of a All New Ford Focus Titanium X 2.0 litre Diesel Auto Powershift in Candy Red
cuke
Hi, pictures please and how is the new car?
Chris
wenwitch
[quote name='cuke' timestamp='1319654737' post='150105']
Chris
[/quote]

I tried to post a pic but it said it was too big. I will have to sort it out. The car itself is great, I have only driven it from the dealers but it was lovely to drive, engine is so quiet. I am going to give it a long run on Sunday so I will let you know after then.
wenwitch
[quote name='cuke' timestamp='1319654737' post='150105']
Chris
[/quote]
Think I managed to attach a pic
cuke
[quote name='wenwitch' timestamp='1319657389' post='150113']
I tried to post a pic but it said it was too big. I will have to sort it out. The car itself is great, I have only driven it from the dealers but it was lovely to drive, engine is so quiet. I am going to give it a long run on Sunday so I will let you know after then.
[/quote]

Hi, yup you have posted a pic, looking good :D
Chris
stugga
I feel looking back now , maybe the dealer had me with mine and allocated to a paying customer at the dealership instead of to my lease company.

I was looking forward to the focus but am very happy with the astra also.

I eventually got a demo 2.0 tdci last week and it was great to drive and i loved it but i also loved the demo astra and it has loads more extras and is cheaper for tax. so hey ho never mind it wasn't to be.

maybe the wife might get a focus next year
cuke
Hi, oh well we all make mistakes ;) , and, hopefully, learn by them. In a recent Auto-Express hatchback 'shoot-out' the Astra was 12th, the Focus 3rd, behind the Golf, with the new BMW 1 series taking 1st. But then the BMW is a estate, as far as I'm concerned, and is more expensive with less equipment than the Focus...
Chris
stugga
I find it baffling how the new 1 series can come top, the focus is a better all round car, yest the bmw has more power and rwd but my god the ride is sill hard. don't get me wrong its a beauty to fling round corner just not for passengers.

yes the astra i am getting is dearer but apart from the steering there really isn't as much in it as many would like to think.

in the end i would have loved the focus titainium but the astra elite isn't as bad an alternative and importantly doesn't deserve 12th in the hatchback league.

the wifes cars up next year and a focus is deffo on the list then.
stugga
not too mention the golf, have u ever sat in the back seats, my god they are bad. allways suprises me why the golf wins everytime, its tosh
cuke
Hi, how anyone could want to buy two cars that quite clearly have their styling origins back in the 80's, dare I say it, even the astra looks fresh standing next to either the BMW or the Golf. Then take how bland and dull the interiors are compared to many cars.
Chris
stugga
agreed chris
focus3man
hi
to all you new owners, what are your opinions on the build quality of your new focus.
also when you went to pick up your new car were there any issues that you spotted whilst checking the car over that should have been picked up on the pdi.
one last thing, has the sound insulation improved. on my present focus a 2.0 diesel titanium powershift, the tyre noise is the only thing that lets it down.
thanks
soon to be new focus owner
cuke
Hi, my pdi missed the none functioning passenger door sensor not working but this was fixed under the warrenty. I don't think the tyre noise is that bad, comparing it with my Mk4 Mondeo, also with 18" wheels, it is better supressed. I think the 'problem' is that any other noise is so well supressed the tyre's appear to stand out out more. I have no problems with the build quality overall the car is well put together and we're not having the same issues that those across the pond are having. US cars are built in in the states, unlike ours that are built in Germany.
Chris
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='focus3man' timestamp='1320017560' post='150651']
hi
to all you new owners, what are your opinions on the build quality of your new focus.
also when you went to pick up your new car were there any issues that you spotted whilst checking the car over that should have been picked up on the pdi.
one last thing, has the sound insulation improved. on my present focus a 2.0 diesel titanium powershift, the tyre noise is the only thing that lets it down.
thanks
soon to be new focus owner
[/quote]
Total class my new Titanium is ! Quality is great and my brother has a new Audi A3 Black Edition and he even says the new focus is better than his Audi !!!
focus3man
hooray
car arrived at dealers today
2.0 diesel titanium powershift, frozen white, app and con pack
should be able to pick it up next friday

approx 20 weeks after ordering
cuke
Hi, good job, makes the heading for this posting redundant...
Chris
focus3man
hi everyone
picked up my new focus yesterday (saturday 12th)
feels and drives great, spent most of the afternoon programming everything in before going for a run in it.
fantastic.
last word, sorry in a way to say goodbye to my old focus (58 reg 2.0 diesel titanium with sport pack in panther black).
really good car which never gave any problems. whoever buys it as got themselves a brilliant motor
focus3man
hi again
been reading through the manual and checking things out.
i noticed i did not have a radio code.
i emailed the dealer and he replied that the new focus doesn't have one because the radio is built into the dash.
but the radio was built into the dash on my last 58 plate focus and i am sure that had a code card, though i never needed it.
i wondered if other owners could check their information packs to see if there is a code for their cars.
thanks in advance
allan
stugga
nice to hear you are starting to see delivery, I really enjoyed my week with the 2.0 focus to the point where when i can get one second had we are buying one. bit gutted about having to change to an astra. but its got more bhp and is only 119kg co2 compared to 129kg co2. so the less company car tax softens the blow a little but not to the extend i wish i could of gambled and waited for the focus .

I couldn't have waited until January because of termination charges on my current lease.

hope u all enjoy Ur new focus's
cuke
[quote name='focus3man' timestamp='1321308886' post='152636']
hi again
been reading through the manual and checking things out.
i noticed i did not have a radio code.
i emailed the dealer and he replied that the new focus doesn't have one because the radio is built into the dash.
but the radio was built into the dash on my last 58 plate focus and i am sure that had a code card, though i never needed it.
i wondered if other owners could check their information packs to see if there is a code for their cars.
thanks in advance
allan
[/quote]

Hi, your dealer is correct in that it doesn't have a code...
Chris
focus3man
ok, cheers chris

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615