Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Few Questions About My Mondeo.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
ryanbob1234
Hi there people. ;)

I got a few questions about my car I just bought.

Got my Mondeo yesterday and since I bought it, I've noticed a few things that I didn't before.

There is a strange knocking sound coming from under bonnet, to me it sounds like the steering not sure what it is.

The rear driver side lock doesn't lock/unlock with the fob?

Also I think the bearing is going on the driver side front wheel as its really noisy on the motorway, What noise does it normally make when going.

Sorry If I sound stupid just want to be sure :)

I have 3months warranty on the car to cover parts and labour but I wanted to know what is was before I rang them up this week.

My last question is this, I know this car wont be so frugal on fuel as a stupid little corsa e.c.t, But I wanted to know How can I keep the fuel bills down as low as possible?

I tend to change gear below 2000rpm as the car has plenty of torque so it doesn't need to be revved up, But what else can I do to help?

Thanks for your time :)
Lenny
[quote name='ryanbob1234' timestamp='1315173271' post='142864']
Hi there people. ;)

My last question is this, I know this car wont be so frugal on fuel as a stupid little corsa e.c.t, But I wanted to know How can I keep the fuel bills down as low as possible?

I tend to change gear below 2000rpm as the car has plenty of torque so it doesn't need to be revved up, But what else can I do to help?

Thanks for your time :)
[/quote]
Buy a genuine Ford air filter this will help with the fuel costs,
i bought an aftermarket non performance fuel filter for my partners almera 1.5 and the fuel econemy got worse with the non original filter,
also a remap will make it more efficent but would be over a year before you would make any saving on that after forking out for the remap :)
ryanbob1234
Thanks again!

Bought a new genuine filter from europarts yesterday, the one in the car wasn't too bad, But for the sake of a couple of £ It's always worth changing them in my opinion.

I think I will get some new ford spark plugs next, Will give them a check tomorrow and see what state the current one's are at.
Lenny
[quote name='ryanbob1234' timestamp='1315174338' post='142878']
Thanks again!

Bought a new genuine filter from europarts yesterday, the one in the car wasn't too bad, But for the sake of a couple of It's always worth changing them in my opinion.

I think I will get some new ford spark plugs next, Will give them a check tomorrow and see what state the current one's are at.
[/quote]
if your changing the oil id recommend buying a new magnetic sump plug cost under 10 on e-bay but will mean that any metal particals from the engine will stick to it and prolong the life of your seals in the engine, also magic bullet is a recommended cleaner for the fuel delivery system its non solvent based and doesnt damage the seals or lubricants while cleaning the jets for better combustion.:)
:lol: thats it im done, switching off the laptop :lol: no more info :D
ryanbob1234
[quote name='Lenny' timestamp='1315174760' post='142881']
if your changing the oil id recommend buying a new magnetic sump plug cost under 10 on e-bay but will mean that any metal particals from the engine will stick to it and prolong the life of your seals in the engine, also magic bullet is a recommended cleaner for the fuel delivery system its non solvent based and doesnt damage the seals or lubricants while cleaning the jets for better combustion.:)
:lol: thats it im done, switching off the laptop :lol: no more info :D
[/quote]

Oh cool, I will look into that for sure!

Thanks allot Lenny you've been really helpful!

Will post some pics up tomorrow and let you know how the locking system is getting on. :D
ryanbob1234
Got a new question for you great guys.

Im going to put the car in the garage as its under warranty as my new Mondeo has a few little niggles that concern me,

but the warranty guys want to know what's causing the fault before they will pay for it to be fixed :(

The problems go like this, Both the rear locks wont unlock/lock with the central locking.

The fob will lock the car and open the boot but it doesn't always unlock the car maby 25% of the time it works.

And every now and again I notice the passenger air bag light is on, on the dashboard which suggests its not working.

Any idea's what is causing it?
Lenny
[quote name='ryanbob1234' timestamp='1316386679' post='144719']
Got a new question for you great guys.

Im going to put the car in the garage as its under warranty as my new Mondeo has a few little niggles that concern me,

but the warranty guys want to know what's causing the fault before they will pay for it to be fixed :(

The problems go like this, Both the rear locks wont unlock/lock with the central locking.

The fob will lock the car and open the boot but it doesn't always unlock the car maby 25% of the time it works.

And every now and again I notice the passenger air bag light is on, on the dashboard which suggests its not working.

Any idea's what is causing it?
[/quote][font="Calibri"][size="3"]You may need two new actuators for the back doors, these also need to be programmed to operate with the ECU and your air-bag units are meant to be replaced every ten years so they may change it for you under that rule.[/size][/font]

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.