Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bought A Mk2
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
artscot79
as the title says guys just went and bought a 2006 1.6 ti-vct focus zetec with the climate pack 50 odd k on the clock and a full ford history as the mk1 is getting on a bit and its just time for a change. i must admit i was tempted to move away to the darkside and buy a vauxhall for a bit but after driving the 1.6 i was won over, yep it does have the usual leaky washers onto the plugs but the ford guys were nice enough to take the plugs out and show they werent ceased in there so they are going to seal the washer jets by popping them out fitting the new ones with a bit of sealant
Lenny
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1315240593' post='142970']
as the title says guys just went and bought a 2006 1.6 ti-vct focus zetec with the climate pack 50 odd k on the clock and a full ford history as the mk1 is getting on a bit and its just time for a change. i must admit i was tempted to move away to the darkside and buy a vauxhall for a bit but after driving the 1.6 i was won over, yep it does have the usual leaky washers onto the plugs but the ford guys were nice enough to take the plugs out and show they werent ceased in there so they are going to seal the washer jets by popping them out fitting the new ones with a bit of sealant
[/quote]

Glad to read your still sporting the blue Oval,
dont forget to check the boot panel where the water jet hose rubs off the body, its been known to rust the panel check my link below,
when you get a momment post some pics of the new motor, do you find the handling any better than the MK1 B)
artscot79
[quote name='Lenny' timestamp='1315299918' post='143059']
Glad to read your still sporting the blue Oval,
dont forget to check the boot panel where the water jet hose rubs off the body, its been known to rust the panel check my link below,
when you get a momment post some pics of the new motor, do you find the handling any better than the MK1 B)
[/quote]

pick it up monday personally its better handling than the mk1 zetec probably as its wider with bigger alloys yeah had a good look around it no rust a few minor scratches but nothing that isnt fixable now for those aircon dials you fitted lol
ford focus edge
Haha art you copy cat, remember me bitch muahaha! went into ford today after 7 months with the mazda crap box and bought myself a 1.8tdci sport 5dr in metallic black. 42k full ford history etc all for 6k chufties pick it up on saturday and the handling is better i had mine in sport mode and its got the s pack on so 17" alloys etc

Show the guys at work a true car ;)
Lenny
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1315329344' post='143118']
pick it up monday personally its better handling than the mk1 zetec probably as its wider with bigger alloys yeah had a good look around it no rust a few minor scratches but nothing that isnt fixable now for those aircon dials you fitted lol
[/quote]

Thanks for the comment mate glad you like those,
the cheapest i can find for them is 26.32 with free shipping [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-09-11-Air-Condition-Panel-Heater-Switch-New-/220826724052?pt=AU_Boat_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336a4c66d4&clk_rvr_id=262782139435&afsrc=1"]Click Here[/url] works out around 4 cheaper than the seller i have purchased my set from,
also dont forget to specify the colour when purchasing, B)
artscot79
[quote name='Lenny' timestamp='1315333098' post='143132']
Thanks for the comment mate glad you like those,
the cheapest i can find for them is 26.32 with free shipping [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-09-11-Air-Condition-Panel-Heater-Switch-New-/220826724052?pt=AU_Boat_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336a4c66d4&clk_rvr_id=262782139435&afsrc=1"]Click Here[/url] works out around 4 cheaper than the seller i have purchased my set from,
also dont forget to specify the colour when purchasing, B)
[/quote]

thanks yeah i cant work out this new pic uploading was much easier before i just clicked and attatched its a 55 plate but registered 2006 its a step up from the mk1 zetec at least ive got aircon now lol
Lenny
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1315384177' post='143190']
thanks yeah i cant work out this new pic uploading was much easier before i just clicked and attatched its a 55 plate but registered 2006 its a step up from the mk1 zetec at least ive got aircon now lol
[/quote]

when you copy the image code from photobucket, you have to remove the (img) part from either side of the link so it will work mate.

Full Colour Version: Bought A Mk2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.