Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine wont start....Alarm on
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
papa
Hello to all,
I have a ford ka 2. i travel for a month and when i came back the battery was flat. I try jump starting it but the moment i connect the terminals, the immobiliser alarm when off. Now the battery is charge but the car wont start and the alarm keeps going off. the battery in the fob seems alright but there is no corresponding between the fob and the immobiliser.

Any one with a good idea on how to sort out this?
thanks
steves
[quote name='papa' post='8977' date='Dec 31 2008, 03:34 AM']Hello to all,
I have a ford ka 2. i travel for a month and when i came back the battery was flat. I try jump starting it but the moment i connect the terminals, the immobiliser alarm when off. Now the battery is charge but the car wont start and the alarm keeps going off. the battery in the fob seems alright but there is no corresponding between the fob and the immobiliser.

Any one with a good idea on how to sort out this?
thanks[/quote]

For information - it may be useful to others in a similar predicament. My daughter has just been through exactly this experience with her Streetka. It was only sorted out using both keys, [u]after[/u] the batteries in both keys had been replaced. Her car is a 53-plate reg so perhaps the key-fob batteries only last about 3 years??

Full Colour Version: Engine wont start....Alarm on
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615