November 22, 2011, 10:18 am
My seat belt warning was going of all the time on my 58 plate fiesta.
Managed to deduce that it was/is possibly the switch under the drivers seat that tells it somebody is sitting in the seat. I proved this, by lifting my bum of the seat (whilst stationery) and with the annoying bleep going of. This stopped the bleep until I drove again.
My partner also drove the car as well and the alarm did go of, but seemed to stop whilst he was driving. I think that this is was due to 2 reasons: one being that he drives with his legs open (they, like his bum are smaller than mine), this seemed to deactivate the switch.
I feel a solution coming on - one drive with your legs open, two - ditch the car, use a bike and lose some weight
I tried the method detailed below but it didn't seem to disable the alarm, then I had an idea. I pulled over lifted my bum of the seat and then did the unbuckling and rebuckling of the seat belt 9 times (not an easy thing to do with bum of the seat)and wey hey, it worked, my seatbelt warning light flashed a few times and now the alarm has stopped. Now I just need to fix the switch - which I think I might have damaged by putting a childs toy under the seat.
?I wonder, are there seat belt warning alarms in the rear seats? I had assumed that they were, but now thing that they are not there
[i][b]View Poststarfield, on 06 April 2010 - 02:56 PM, said:
How to activate/deactivate chime and warning light for seat belt
1. Apply the parking brake.
2. Select neutral
3. Turn the ignition switch to the 0 position.
4. Close all the vehicle doors from the inside of the vehicle.
5. Unbuckle the drivers safety belt.
1. Turn the ignition switch to position II. (Do not start the engine).
2. The airbag warning indicator will extinguish within 10 seconds.
3. NOTE: Step 3 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure must be repeated.
Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt nine times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.
4. The safety belt warning indicator flashes three times to confirm the belt minder status change.
5. To activate the belt minder, repeat Steps 1 through 3.
6. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.
I have tried this and it works...[/b][/i]
- blennerh - It worked for me, but I had to lift my bum of the seat whilst doing it.