Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Often With Synthetic ?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
jmurray01
[size="3"]How often should I change the oil in my 1997 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec-SE if I use Fully-Synthetic 5W30 oil ?

The engine has 77,000 miles on the odometer if that makes any difference.
[/size]
fiesta_lad
[quote name='jmurray01' timestamp='1315665008' post='143582']
[size="3"]How often should I change the oil in my 1997 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec-SE if I use Fully-Synthetic 5W30 oil ?

The engine has 77,000 miles on the odometer if that makes any difference.
[/size]
[/quote]

I normally change mine every year. But i am getting some beef on my car now has it's comeing up to 90k so i will be doing mine twice a year.
Danny87
I'm with fiesta_lad, my car has 103,000 miles (ouch!) so I'll be changing the oil every 6 months, it's good as preventative maintenance really especially when your car starts racking up the miles..

Dan
jmurray01
I usually go by the miles, but if it gets over 2 years old, it needs changed even if it hasn't met the millage interval.

I usually change mine every 3,500-4,000 miles, but just wanted to see what you guys thought.
johnH
i do mine every 12,500 miles...which is normally every 4 months for me... i also do a full service and get brakes checked out...

i have to say once you know its very easy to do a service on this car...not like my peugeot, which was a real pain in the arse.

Full Colour Version: How Often With Synthetic ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615