Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Wheel Paint Coming Off
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
walkere91
Just bought a StreetKa and I love it but the silver paint on the steering wheel is coming off - what can I use to paint over this?

Thanks
SandyCat
If you mean the silver paint on the spokes this is quite common on all Fords.

The parts do actually come off-there is a seam at the back which you can open up then re-spray them with any silver paint.

Or if you don't fancy that you can mask them off and re-spray. Or cover them over with sticky back plastic etc. (make a paper pattern first)
tandy
Hi Sandycat,

Do the plastic parts come off easily or are they likely to snap if i try to ease them apart? They seem to be attached together very well.

thanks
SandyCat
Sorry for the delay.

I have not taken them off myself but someone did do it on a Mondeo by prizing the seam at the back apart and easing it off the spoke.

It worked and he was very pleased with the result. It should work the same with the Ka but obviously I cannot guarantee it won't break. If in doubt use lots of paper with masking tape and spray in situ.

Full Colour Version: Steering Wheel Paint Coming Off
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.