Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What A Pain
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
btmaldon
I ordered a Zetec S Front Grill for the Focus from Allen Fords via eBay. They are only £39 plus £4 postage.

So why on earth did they send me a Dog Guard for a Mondeo?

I posted it back straight away as I wont get to a Post Office for another week. Cost me over £10 to post the thing. I have had no response from them despite messaging them a couple of times. They probably dont work weekends. So I hope they send me the correct part and refund me the postage, or I aint going to be a happy boy.

I have used them before for things like mud flaps. It wouldnt have been such an issue but the thing they sent me is rather on the large side.

Anyone else had fun with Allens of Ford?
jay1981
I have used them several times before, and found them very good. I have always used their website instead of using ebay.
btmaldon
Well to give Allen Fords their due. They quickly corrected things and refunded me the cost of returning the Dog Guard.

The Zetec S grill looks much better than the standard one in my opinion and went on easy enough. I only had to relocate the number plate holes to fit my plate.

Lenny
[quote name='btmaldon' timestamp='1316441983' post='144774']
Well to give Allen Fords their due. They quickly corrected things and refunded me the cost of returning the Dog Guard.

The Zetec S grill looks much better than the standard one in my opinion and went on easy enough. I only had to relocate the number plate holes to fit my plate.

[/quote]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"] [/size][/font]Iíve purchased a Windscreen water tank cap from Allen Fords through eBay on the 04th September for my wifeís Nissan and yesterday I got an e-mail from them to say today is the 15th day since you made your purchase from us, this item should be with you in the next 14 days,
come on like its a washer cap, which they should have in stock and dispatch straight away its hardly difficult, Iíve received items from china in the space its taking them to get a package across the water, their business life wonít last long in the current climate if their dispatch times donít improve. How can you class yourself a business when it takes you an average month long to post an item to someone who has paid you 100% in Full

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]Anyway on the main topic of the post

the grill looks great mate, [/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]Iím sure you wonít have any problems flogging the chrome lip one, also if anyone is interested in swapping their front lower grill please see my guide in the list below my posts.[/size][/font]

btmaldon
Thanks Lenny. I think it was your guide that showed it was easy to do. The old grill was a standard one that I stuck a chrome strip on. I didn't want to pay Fords prices for the chrome surround.
Lenny
[quote name='btmaldon' timestamp='1316542747' post='144950']
Thanks Lenny. I think it was your guide that showed it was easy to do. The old grill was a standard one that I stuck a chrome strip on. I didn't want to pay Fords prices for the chrome surround.
[/quote]

Owe nice touch with the chrome mate, I didnít know that was possible, i went and paid ford too much money for mine
chrome part was more expensive than the black grill section,
Iíve listed my standard grill on e-bay for a total of 60 days two 30day listings at 15euro or make me an offer,
not a hope, nobody wanted it, i ended up donating it to the local scrappy, he was very happy with it first part he ever had for a 2010 car he said

you may have better look with yours since itís a replica of the titanium one

Full Colour Version: What A Pain
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.