Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deadlock's Sound A Bit Poorly
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
ford focus edge
Just picked up focus number 2 yesterday and when i dead lock it ie press the lock button twice the car sounds like its farting. Really horrible noise is it just a case of poking some grease in and locking/unlocking a few times or is it a pain in the arse door card off jobby.

Bear in mind the locks work perfectly well its just a horrid noise heard other mk2's making it and the facelifts so does anyone else have this issue?

Personally i think its the previous owner has never deadlocked the car and they've just become stiff but yeah if anyone knows any different can u let me know so i can stop poor old zoe farting and yes i've named this one zoe haha
johnH
mine just double clicks on deadlock. have you narrowed down to which door is making the "farting" noise? ie putting ear on door and listening? (you could look mental if someone see you)

i would spray a bit of wd40 in and see if it loosens up within a week of usage...if not sounds like a door card off and copper grease jobby.

Full Colour Version: Deadlock's Sound A Bit Poorly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615