Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus 1.6 Zetec Misfire
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Teeceman
Hi all, new to the site.
My 2001 focus started to misfire last night quite badly and the orange engine management light came on. This morming i checked everything znd the plug wells were quite wet. I have dried them out and changed the plugs, this have definately improved it but it still misfires and the light is still on. After reading one of the other threads it says to change the leads and put some special grease on them, will this cure it and take the light of?
stef123
when you dry out the plugs/leads etc, does this water reappear later? could it be rain water or screenwash?

you will need to find the source of the water and sort that before the problem will go away. The ford grease is just silicone grease which helps to keep moisture out between the ht lead and the plug.

Full Colour Version: Focus 1.6 Zetec Misfire
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615