Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics Uploaded
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
artscot79
uploaded the pics of new foci 1.6 ti vct
catch
A nice clean motor you got there art, I'm sure you will be well suited with it. I see you managed to get one with the better of the two 1.6 petrol engines on offer. How do you find it speed and acceleration compared to the 1.8 Mk1 you had?

I will have had mine two years in four weeks time, and apart from a fluke of a stone fracturing one of my air con hoses, its been faultless. Well apart from the early build design fault of poor road grit protection of the lower front wings and sills [which I sorted] But I think your build looks to have had a fix done. Oh and the leaking rubber gaskets on the wipers, but you got the garage to sort them, so your fine. And to be fair like my early build Focus, well they are the build that they find out in real world conditions what is wrong with a new model. And in that regard it's a small snag list for a new model.

Only downside I think the Mk2 has, is that it's got a boring front end, obviously the Mk2.5 facelift sorted that out and added ESP. But apart from that, it's the same motor mechanically, so that says it all really. Oh and the fantastic handling of the Mk1 just got better with the Mk2, plus a much roomier cabin.

Happy driving mate. :D
artscot79
[quote name='catch' timestamp='1316099600' post='144270']
A nice clean motor you got there art, I'm sure you will be well suited with it. I see you managed to get one with the better of the two 1.6 petrol engines on offer. How do you find it speed and acceleration compared to the 1.8 Mk1 you had?

I will have had mine two years in four weeks time, and apart from a fluke of a stone fracturing one of my air con hoses, its been faultless. Well apart from the early build design fault of poor road grit protection of the lower front wings and sills [which I sorted] But I think your build looks to have had a fix done. Oh and the leaking rubber gaskets on the wipers, but you got the garage to sort them, so your fine. And to be fair like my early build Focus, well they are the build that they find out in real world conditions what is wrong with a new model. And in that regard it's a small snag list for a new model.

Only downside I think the Mk2 has, is that it's got a boring front end, obviously the Mk2.5 facelift sorted that out and added ESP. But apart from that, it's the same motor mechanically, so that says it all really. Oh and the fantastic handling of the Mk1 just got better with the Mk2, plus a much roomier cabin.

Happy driving mate. :D
[/quote]

its slower than the 1.8 mk1 but saying that its the same power but more weight but its more refined a lot quieter and better built.the garage did the fix on the sills etc before i bought the car they do it with all cars before they sell them as it was an approved car so had all the checks so happy with that. the 1.8 was only 1140kg this ones around 1229kg-1474kg less torque on the new one as well but cheaper road tax and better mpg and better spec so theres always a trade off. to be honest ive had enough with speed main priority these days is safety for the kids and road tax and a boot to fit the shopping in and the focus handling means i get that without buying a boring zafira or meriva etc

Full Colour Version: Pics Uploaded
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.