Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 03 1.8Tdci Service
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
tedsy
Hello,
I have just bought an 03 1.8tdci focus estate. Its done 113,000 full service history. Dual mass flywheel clutch changed at 100,000,cam belt done at 105,000,new glow plugs as well.Its due a service now and Im ordering a Haynes manual so I can have a crack myself.
I was just wondering if there is anything in particular I should look out for or do.All help greatly received and be kind to me as Im a noobie.

Thanks Mark
jmurray01
A lot of people think servicing a car is a hard job, but it isn't.

And to make things easier for you, some of the items have already been done (cam belt, glow plugs, DMF).

What you need to do, is change the oil, oil filter, air filter, DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter), and you should be set for 6,000 miles of driving!

The air filter and DPF may not need done, but if you have the parts, it is best to replace them for peace of mind.

I hope I've helped you! :)
tedsy
[quote name='jmurray01' timestamp='1316251712' post='144450']
A lot of people think servicing a car is a hard job, but it isn't.

And to make things easier for you, some of the items have already been done (cam belt, glow plugs, DMF).

What you need to do, is change the oil, oil filter, air filter, DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter), and you should be set for 6,000 miles of driving!

The air filter and DPF may not need done, but if you have the parts, it is best to replace them for peace of mind.

I hope I've helped you! :)
[/quote]
tedsy
Thanks for that I will get my best hammer out and give it a go! So I take it that the oil should be changed every 6000 miles then?Also I semm to remember reading something about a fuel additive that needs to be added to clean some kind of particulate filter?
jmurray01
[quote name='tedsy' timestamp='1316253194' post='144456']
Thanks for that I will get my best hammer out and give it a go! So I take it that the oil should be changed every 6000 miles then?Also I semm to remember reading something about a fuel additive that needs to be added to clean some kind of particulate filter?
[/quote]There are fuel additives that supposedly clean the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter, probably the one you're thinking of), but I would rather just replace the actual filter if it was my car. Better than adding those additives that can sometimes do more harm than good.

I think Ford recommends oil changes at somewhere around 10,000-12,000 miles, but I would never let oil get that used, I change the oil in my 1997 Ford Fiesta 1.25 every 3,500-4,000 miles, but since your car is newer, and has a diesel engine, 6,000 miles will be fine.
johnH
i would do the fuel filter...can always make the car throw a hissy fit randomly.

i did a guide on the focus section on the forum...take a ganders.

i got all the parts and oil for a service on my 2006 1.8tdci for 55 so its cheap

Full Colour Version: 03 1.8Tdci Service
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615