Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stained Centre Console Help
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Coolstone
Hi

As you can see from the picture I was drinking a fizzy drink and on opening it exploded and now it has stained the plastic near the gear stick, Iím not sure I can get this out is there a way? Or can I replace this?

Thank you
jeebowhite
replacing it would be a nightmare, you could try just to keep washing it down with a bit of soap on a sponge and repeatedly rub it down, that should clear it out? unless the acid has burned it a little in which case, it might not work so well.
Preee
I'm guessing the acid has done its damage , i would remove the trim and re-spray it myself , cheaper than replacing , you could even put a clear coat on it .

i wounder it a little t-cut might fetch it back

im going to take a picture of mine and re-colour see what it might look like in say Gloss black.
focus steve77
I agree with above remove it and spray it (can of moondust silver ford £4 approx) or replacing well over £30...
Lenny
[quote name='focus steve77' timestamp='1316468699' post='144846']
I agree with above remove it and spray it (can of moondust silver ford £4 approx) or replacing well over £30...
[/quote]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]What fizzy drink did you spill mate?[/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]Iíve spilled Red-Bull on mine a couple of times and luckily it hasnít done any damage and its full of chemicals,

you could always carbon wrap it either.B) [/size][/font]

Full Colour Version: Stained Centre Console Help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615