Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rapid Overheating From Cold Start
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
desperate
help!! i have a 1996 P reg mondeo, just got brand new mot, new rad, but before the rad was put in i was getting the temp needle go up to almost in the red 3 miles after leaving home, the temp has been creeping up all summer, i thought it was just the summer weather, but the new rad hasnt cured the problem, im also getting a jerky ride and the car feels like its going to cut out all the time!!! help please!!
dazza73
mmmm sounds like u need to bleed the rad as ther is air in the rad run the car with the rad cap of and check to see if ther is a tap on the rad releas the tap off to get rid of the air that maybe trap in the head and rad u will see in the bottle wher u fill the car up with water should flow round nice if not you have a jamed thermastat sorry cant spell lol hope this help let hope you havent do the head gasket or crack head ? make shore u have hot air coming out of ur blowers in side the car mate k. dazza <_<
dazza73
ps did u change the fan swich on the rad as the fan mite not be kikking in maybe y shes getting hot ? or the fan swich maybe on the head get a bit of wire and poke it in the swich just to see if the fan cuts in hope this helps ;)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.