Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Oil Capacity
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
hagbag
hey people just wondering if anybody could tell me that engine oil capacity is fr a fiesta 1.25 zetec 07 plate cheers

james
Lenny
[quote name='hagbag' timestamp='1316971595' post='145671']
hey people just wondering if anybody could tell me that engine oil capacity is fr a fiesta 1.25 zetec 07 plate cheers

james
[/quote]

if you have the manual it should be in the last four to five pages in engine spec, will give details of all fluid capacitys. B)
Danny87
I remember when I was at college studying mechanics and one of the tutors told us all that he knew someone who filled their car up with oil until it came out of the filler cap :(

They started their car and it went boom lol, poor sod!

Anyway as Lenny said it will be in your owners manual and you'll need 5w-30 (I use a good quality fully synthetic)
Lenny
[quote name='Danny87' timestamp='1317210869' post='146122']
I remember when I was at college studying mechanics and one of the tutors told us all that he knew someone who filled their car up with oil until it came out of the filler cap :(

They started their car and it went boom lol, poor sod!

Anyway as Lenny said it will be in your owners manual and you'll need 5w-30 (I use a good quality fully synthetic)
[/quote]

:blink: :lol:
Castrol Edge 5W-30 is liquid gold mate
cant get much better than that, if you dont have your manual for the car,
im sure someone elso on the forum will have a look in theirs and tell you
Danny87
My 1.25 Zetec MK5 is 3.8 litres but bear in mind my car is older than yours - but saying that I can't see there being any difference in oil capacity because both of the units are 1242cc to be exact lol.
jmurray01
It was 3.8 litres when my 1.25 was made, and I presume it is probably the same now, or maybe a bit less due to a better oil pump or something.

Full Colour Version: Engine Oil Capacity
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.