Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Connecting Ipod Via Usb New Ford Focus
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Audio & Electronics
Finland Blue
In new Ford Focus, I connected iPod via its USB cable to the USB port in the glove compartment. Pressing AUX on the dashboard finds the iPod and its songs etc, but I don't hear anything but a bit of crackling.

Have I missed something important ...?
tomtom70
Yes - you did not connect the audio line with the (e.g., Ford supplied) y-cable - Ipod-dock connector on one side, USB and 3.5mm plug on the other.
Finland Blue
[quote name='tomtom70' timestamp='1317047227' post='145798']
Yes - you did not connect the audio line with the (e.g., Ford supplied) y-cable - Ipod-dock connector on one side, USB and 3.5mm plug on the other.
[/quote]
Thanks for the reply - I checked out sourcing that cable and found this :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/iPhone-3-5mm-Audio-USB-Cable/dp/B002ATMN22/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1317051704&sr=1-2

... although it said this :
This high quality cable enables you to charge and sync your iPod/iPhone via the USB connector AND listen to music at the same time while in your car or at home. Works with any car or Hi-Fi with a 3.5mm Aux/Mp3 input socket and the USB connection provides charging and steering wheel control (only on Ford cars and [b]not 2011 Focus[/b].

So not sure that it is the right thing?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615