Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Position Sensor
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
johnS
Hi,

In an attempt to find the problem of sort of kangarooing when cold in 1st gear. And constant lower power than before. I want to know where the throttle position sensor cable is on a mk1.5 Focus, I think I know where the cable is, just need to make sure and also need to know if it's safe to disconnect while running.
stef123
its mounted to the throttle body - i have disconnected in the past with no problems. i dont even think it brought up the EML light on my old mk1 focus..
johnS
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1317062816' post='145861']
its mounted to the throttle body - i have disconnected in the past with no problems. i dont even think it brought up the EML light on my old mk1 focus..
[/quote]

Thanks. Is the tps near the air box pipe? (I dont know it's technical term lol)
stef123
[quote name='johnS' timestamp='1317071881' post='145909']
Thanks. Is the tps near the air box pipe? (I dont know it's technical term lol)
[/quote]

do you mean the intake pipe to the manifold? if so then yes, its where this meets the throttle body. on the throttle body you have a butterfly valve, connected to this with 2 small screws is the TPS
johnS
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1317073739' post='145914']
do you mean the intake pipe to the manifold? if so then yes, its where this meets the throttle body. on the throttle body you have a butterfly valve, connected to this with 2 small screws is the TPS
[/quote]

thanks

Full Colour Version: Throttle Position Sensor
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.