Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 10 Plate Focus No Throttle Response
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
sizak
hi,any ideas?when you press the throttle nothing happens.starts ok and idles fine.
ChristopherRingham
[quote name='sizak' timestamp='1317063286' post='145864']
hi,any ideas?when you press the throttle nothing happens.starts ok and idles fine.
[/quote]

Throttle body could be knackered.
Danny87
I may be way off track here, but you say there's a warning light for your brakes? If so, the problem could lie just in that particular area, and your ECU has disabled power from the engine so it can't be driven if it was dangerous. It seems to me like a certain possibility considering there's no throttle cable and it's all ECU controlled via the gas pedal (which is basically a potentiometer).

If not I would suggest wiring problem or like above me throttle body.

Just an idea anyhow,

Dan
sizak
well it was the throttle pedal?? it fixed it.
sizak
it fixed it for a week.still the same problem.bad days.
sizak
fixed.poor earth connection at spliced joint in r hand footwell.hooray.. apparently 4 wires join into one and that was where the problem lay.poor connection.
stef123
[quote name='sizak' timestamp='1318010692' post='147462']
fixed.poor earth connection at spliced joint in r hand footwell.hooray.. apparently 4 wires join into one and that was where the problem lay.poor connection.
[/quote]

glad to hear you have got to the bottom of it and thanks for letting us know :)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615