Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MPG or 0 to 60?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
Steve

What is more important, 0 to 60 or MPG these days? When choosing a new car what do you look for first?

jeebowhite
Both, as far as I am concerned it needs to have a bit of oomph, but I dont want to buy a hummer, and dont want the same economy as one. I like diesel because you get the best of both, you get the turbo oomph and the economy, but when it comes to petrol, I think my car is alright, average is about 35-44mpg depending on how heavy my foot is, but I get 123 / 124 BHP :)
Steve
which is the decider, mpg or 0-60? for me it's 0-60 LOL
jeebowhite
If I had to put one on it, it would be 0-60 - otherwise I would end up driving a pony...

but if you can get middle ground... :rolleyes: :P
Ryan9684
0-60 is important to me, mpg is bottom of my list of things i care about.
Danny87
0-60 is still really important, but to me personally I would choose the fuel economy. If I was buying a new car for example, the majority of cars are faster and give better performance than anything I have driven, so when I the time comes and I'm buying my first new car, fuel economy will be one of my priorities.
Lenny
0-60 used to be important till it was time to get a new clutch in my first car :lol:

so im diesel now and a bit older so its all MPG now
Lenny
0-60 used to be important till it was time to get a new clutch in my first car :lol:

so im diesel now and a bit older so its all MPG now

Full Colour Version: MPG or 0 to 60?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.