Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crankshaft & Camshaft Sensors !
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Kayfour
Last week I drove my 2002 tdci for 2 miles, stopped at a shop for 5 mins, and it wouldn't start - just glow plug light flashing. I contacted Green Flag who agreed to come out in about 1 hour. After 10 mins or so I tried starting again, and hey presto I was on the move again, so I cancelled breakdown call. After 2 miles engine died again and management light flashing again. Again, waited awhile and off we go again.In conclusion it had to be taken to one of Green Flags contractors garages, and I had to wait for a couple of days while their diagnostics revealed crankshaft and camshaft sensors were faulty, which they replaced. It is OK now, but I have lost a bit of confidence in the vehicle now, and why did the engine start again after 10 or 15 mins ? Does temperature have any bearing on this ?
mintalkin
in a word yes, heat starts to breakdown the sensor,its unusual for both sensors to fail its usually the cam sensor that plays up thats why ford updated the sensor from the early ones that were fitted.
Kayfour
Thanks for that Mintalkin - you have a wealth of information, which I'm sure has been a great help to many !
Yes, the guy at the garage said his diagnostic test didn't specify which sensor, so from his experience of fitting just one, it often worked out by sods law it was the other one that was faulty, so he always fitted both as they were relatively inexpensive. Mind you, the bill came to just over 200 quid !

Full Colour Version: Crankshaft & Camshaft Sensors !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.