Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plus Pass
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
Steve

Do you think the Pass Plus should be obligatory for all young drivers? Do you think it would make a difference?

Ryan9684
it might be a good idea to show people how to use the motorway, lane discipline is a problem for a lot of people it would seem.
calmcdermott
I did pass plus and I think it was the best thing I had done, plus is knocks off 5% of your insurance premium for the 1st year
Danny87
I think it's a good idea, if we consider someone who has done all their lessons during the day with their driving instructor, they then pass during the day and they might have never driven in the dark, in poor weather, rain etc. Also they've never been on a motorway (assuming they didn't have a motorcycle licence first or something). So after passing their test, if they wanted to they could then jump into a car and drive 200miles all night on the motorway in completely different surroundings and weather.

Pass Plus is a good way of giving new drivers the extra experience and confidence, I didn't do any additional qualifications when I passed but I built my confidence slowly, and to be honest, I'm still somewhat of a nervous driver in unknown areas where I don't drive frequently.

I think as a bonus some insurance companies will actually decrease the insurance premium for the first year for young drivers who have taken place in the Pass Plus scheme, so it really is worth it.

As far as being a requirement, I would be all for it. There's a lot of risks in young drivers, and it isn't all because of their age or showing off, it's inexperience and putting themselves into situations that they have never seen before - it can be quite daunting when you're used to having your instructor/parent/brother etc next to you and you are then on your own, turning to the passenger seat and realising that you're in charge of your own decisions and therefore potentially making a mistake.
joshtimber
Yeah it is important and for our safety. It is a nice step taken by the authority.

Full Colour Version: Plus Pass
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.