Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Please Help
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Emmajor25
Hi all, I duno if any1 can help me but im having a spot of trouble with my 2002 st170. When i go to slow down or stop and my rev idle falls to about 1000 on my rpm but when stood still it's like my car cant keep it's revs causing it to die when dropped below 1000 rpm. but if rev'ed at the right moment i can keep it alive. While doing this the battery light comes on. When driving i have no problems like this, its only when stopping or stopped. I have recently changed the Crankshaft sensor and also spark plugs. Fuel is good level and so is oil. Does any1 know why it does this and how to fix it? Many thanks
Lenny
[quote name='Emmajor25' timestamp='1317488510' post='146575']
Hi all, I duno if any1 can help me but im having a spot of trouble with my 2002 st170. When i go to slow down or stop and my rev idle falls to about 1000 on my rpm but when stood still it's like my car cant keep it's revs causing it to die when dropped below 1000 rpm. but if rev'ed at the right moment i can keep it alive. While doing this the battery light comes on. When driving i have no problems like this, its only when stopping or stopped. I have recently changed the Crankshaft sensor and also spark plugs. Fuel is good level and so is oil. Does any1 know why it does this and how to fix it? Many thanks
[/quote]

sounds like the altinator mate,
Barry_
Possible its the Idle speed control valve??

Or battery - Check battery first to see if charging ok.
artscot79
[quote name='Barry_' timestamp='1317638615' post='146862']
Possible its the Idle speed control valve??

Or battery - Check battery first to see if charging ok.
[/quote]

have to agree either wrong battery or battery has a faulty cell or alt isnt charging a garage will do a free test other than that icv valve is a possibility

Full Colour Version: Please Please Help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.