Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bluetooth Streaming New Focus
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
tomo2001
Anyone tried Bluetooth Streaming on their new Focus.

Do you get the following;
[list=1]
[*]Lower quality sound on music compared to other functions radio/ipod/cd. Is it normal to accept a sound quality loss ?
[*]Crackling if you travel over uneven road surface eg speed humps - I'm guessing due to the vibration of the bluetooth module
[*]Anyone know where the bluetooth module is located ? (to look at cushioning/dampening)
[/list]
Wickwick10_1
Mate I stream and no problems other than if I have the door open stationary of course or if ignition off and stereo on as I clean car can get little crackles but I put that down to the fact when doors closed it creates good Bluetooth connection ? I had same issue on my last fiesta zetec s - but whilst travelling no problems ? You will notice if your Bluetooth signal goes low it does crackle slightly but I don't notice poor quality ? May try via MP3 connection ?
Will Clark IOM
Nothing to report with my iPod touch or other halfs iPhone, just make sure the volume on your bluetooth device is on full because that one of the main reason for low or poor sound quality, only other thing I could suggest is try a mates Bluetooth device that way you'll know if it's car or device related.
tomo2001
Strangely, I have a BB that won't connect to stream but will ocnnect for phone calls. Both kids have same phones and their's work seamlessly so I'm thinking its the software on the phone itself that needs updating ?
2nd ford E+ B
hiya,
i've had no prob's with streaming from my iphone 4.
My only grumble is i don't get any track imformation on sceen, just blue tooth audio..
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='2nd ford E+ B' timestamp='1317573494' post='146728']
hiya,
i've had no prob's with streaming from my iphone 4.
My only grumble is i don't get any track imformation on on sceen, just blue tooth audio..
[/quote]
Good call that mate - also I did see that the new ford screen was gonna be like the I phone and you scroll albums with your finger and albums in colour that flick across at a swipe ? This was a few months ago though ?
Will Clark IOM
If you buy the 'Y cable' youll get track art work and name, the cable is 20 from ford you can get them cheaper on net but on the other had it switches your bluetooth, off so you can't use your phone as, well a phone that is something that needs an update.
tomo2001
Get the Y cable from the bay for ipods, cost about 4 work perfectly !!
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='Will Clark IOM' timestamp='1317574553' post='146733']
If you buy the 'Y cable' youll get track art work and name, the cable is 20 from ford you can get them cheaper on net but on the other had it switches your bluetooth, off so you can't use your phone as, well a phone that is something that needs an update.
[/quote]
Mate just tried it and no artwork just album info ?
Will Clark IOM
I know this sounds stupid but dose your device have the artwork tagged to the track?
Wickwick10_1
Yes mate on my phone the album cover comes up but not on my car ? When you say tagged to the track is that what you mean ?
2nd ford E+ B
I've just down loaded the apple os5 software, so now when streamIng music from my iPhone 4 I get track name & album information on display.. Instead of just Bluetooth audio . :)
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='2nd ford E+ B' timestamp='1318676317' post='148618']
I've just down loaded the apple os5 software, so now when streamIng music from my iPhone 4 I get track name & album information on display.. Instead of just Bluetooth audio . :)
[/quote]
Interesting ! I started using y cable to get the track info but may do as you said and download os5 and go back to Bluetooth connection.
Will Clark IOM
Yer just done the update for my iPod and her iPhone and as E+B said I'll second that, hope next update lets you get artwork.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='Will Clark IOM' timestamp='1318801001' post='148803']
Yer just done the update for my iPod and her iPhone and as E+B said I'll second that, hope next update lets you get artwork.
[/quote]
Artwork won't be on the new update - it's the next gen ford that will have artwork. It's the car that won't allow it and nothing to do with the phone.
cuke
Hi, it's not the next gen ford, it is the SonySync Myford 8" Touchscreen that will come along in March 2012 that will be able to display pictures and artwork. Not sure which models with have it aside form knowing the ST will. This system is shown here http://www.ford.com/syncmyride/ and is currently available in some of the US and canadian models of the focus..
Chris
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='cuke' timestamp='1318927499' post='148938']
Hi, it's not the next gen ford, it is the SonySync Myford 8" Touchscreen that will come along in March 2012 that will be able to display pictures and artwork. Not sure which models with have it aside form knowing the ST will. This system is shown here http://www.ford.com/syncmyride/ and is currently available in some of the US and canadian models of the focus..
Chris
[/quote]
Sorry that's what I meant when said next gen - I meant focus with next changes .....

Full Colour Version: Bluetooth Streaming New Focus
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615