Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleaned Today After 1 Wk Old !
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Wickwick10_1
[IMG]http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/wickwick10_1/cf46514d.jpg[/IMG]

God knows what Ford use on Tyres but left small black oily speckles which took ages to remove ? Must say comes up great after a good clean !!!
Lenny
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1317567089' post='146699']
[img]http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/wickwick10_1/cf46514d.jpg[/img]

God knows what Ford use on Tyres but left small black oily speckles which took ages to remove ? Must say comes up great after a good clean !!!
[/quote]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]That sounds like, CV Joint Grease, perhaps there was a residue of it on the outside of the CV BOOT, and since you would have been the first person to drive the car over 5Mph you got the pleasure of washing it from the alloys its awful stuff to try and remove[/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]I could be wrong though, but its hard to remove. B) [/size][/font]

H3lly
I would have taught it was tar from the road. I washed my car recently and used a clay bar afterwards, and there was alot of contamination. The clay bar was near black after I finished it, but the car was sliky smooth. I finished by using some AG super resign polish and some turtlewax 'wax it wet' wax. That took me 3 hours to complete my mini detail but it was worth it.
Wickwick10_1
No defo something from the Tyres as on all 4 wheels ? And not tar ? Maybe a spray they use ?
cuke
Hi,I'm sure it might it be whatever the dealership used to black the tyres with.
Chris
Will Clark IOM
I've the exact same car With alloys not the windows as you wick had it a month washed at least four times sounds sad I know but when it's clean it's nice, night time real clean with the led ref plate light up the whole arse end nicely.
Wickwick10_1
Well I went even sadder and de badged it ! And had chrome exhaust trim fitted! Looks nice !
cuke
Hi Chris, could you possibly post a photo of how it looks debadged as I'm considering o doing this myself as well. Was it easy enough to remove and how did you do this?
Chris
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='cuke' timestamp='1317580349' post='146758']
Hi Chris, could you possibly post a photo of how it looks debadged as I'm considering o doing this myself as well. Was it easy enough to remove and how did you do this?
Chris
[/quote]
Mate to remove I got a bank card or use something similar and dont scrape at it but just slide behind letters and lift - there is a 1mm gap or so due to the foam sticky back but letters do break sometimes which never bothered me . After removed I just waxed the area as sometimes on a cold day you may see the outline - easy to do , stops sponge getting snagged when cleaning and I like the look.

[IMG]http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/wickwick10_1/25e863b6.jpg[/IMG]
H3lly
Looks much better debadged.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='H3lly' timestamp='1317581085' post='146762']
Looks much better debadged.
[/quote]
I also think so and took 5 mins !
Will Clark IOM
Sorry not for me, but I might have to invest in the tints on White looks much better than I thought it would.
Lenny
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1317581256' post='146764']
I also think so and took 5 mins !
[/quote]

just to add,
petrol will dissolve the sticky back foam of the badge,
simply soak a cloth in petrol and dap the badge, no need to risk it with a bank card,
and never try to store petrol in a polystyrene cup because you wont be able to :lol:
melts like a packet of KP Skips:P

DanGull
Sounds like 'sling' from the tyre dressing to me. Common problem - especially if the tyres aren't cleaned properly before it's applied.

@ H3lly - nice to see someone taking the time to clay, but I would suggest that removing large amounts of tar with clay is asking for trouble with paint marring. Use a tar remover (and/or fallout remover and/or an iron oxide remover) first, then the claying will remove the harder to see bonded contaminants.
DanGull
Oh, and you don't need petrol to debadge - a hair dryer will do it. My weapons of choice are a hairdryer and some dental floss.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='Lenny' timestamp='1317592932' post='146833']
just to add,
petrol will dissolve the sticky back foam of the badge,
simply soak a cloth in petrol and dap the badge, no need to risk it with a bank card,
and never try to store petrol in a polystyrene cup because you wont be able to :lol:
melts like a packet of KP Skips:P
[/quote]
Credit card cleanest & easiest for me ! No problems and won't scratch.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='DanGull' timestamp='1317594041' post='146836']
Oh, and you don't need petrol to debadge - a hair dryer will do it. My weapons of choice are a hairdryer and some dental floss.
[/quote]
Yes another idea ...... But for me credit card so easy.
Lenny
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1317622733' post='146843']
Credit card cleanest & easiest for me ! No problems and won't scratch.
[/quote]

each to there own i suppose :lol:

Perhaps there are disadvantages to using petrolthat i am unaware of ? :huh:

In my eyes regardless of either method end results are all the same.
cuke
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1317580746' post='146760']
Mate to remove I got a bank card or use something similar and dont scrape at it but just slide behind letters and lift - there is a 1mm gap or so due to the foam sticky back but letters do break sometimes which never bothered me . After removed I just waxed the area as sometimes on a cold day you may see the outline - easy to do , stops sponge getting snagged when cleaning and I like the look.

[IMG]http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/wickwick10_1/25e863b6.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Hi, thanks chris, it does look better and 'cleaner' without the badge.
Chris

Full Colour Version: Cleaned Today After 1 Wk Old !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.