Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slow To Get To Temp
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
soulman123
It takes me usually 5 miles to get the car up to 90oC which sounds a little long for a petrol car. My old mk4 golf got up to temp in less than 2 miles, but I did put a new stat on that as the needle was bouncing all over the shop.

So yeah just wondeirng what you heat up time is to comnpare mine to as I'm getting low MPG at the moment and wondering if this could be the cause of it ? the longer heat up time .. I think uses more petrol when its not up to temp.

Advice greatly recevied :)
jeebowhite
Could be that you just need to replace the thermostat and/or housing as this is a common reason that it takes longer to get to temperature. Also consider giving the car a good service, including changing the coolants.

Full Colour Version: Slow To Get To Temp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615