Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Focus - Voice Control Of Aircon
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
propw4sh
Hi Guys & Gals,
1st 'stupid question' from a 1st time Ford owner!

Couldn't find an answer to this one in the manual and wondered if anyone else had the knowledge.

My new focus Zetec has standard aircon, not the dual zone climate control. The Voice control has 'climate' options available but they don't seem to have any effect when activated. Are they supposed to work on the standard set-up or are they functional with only the dual-zone climate control?

Have to say, the car drives very well and I'm very impressed.

Cheers!
Paul
Wickwick10_1
Mate don't think it does work on that model? I have dual and when voice control pressed I say temperature then whatever setting I want and it changes - but don't think it's the case with yours. Agree though great drive !!
propw4sh
Cheers dude,

I'll go ask the dealer tomorrow and make myself look stupid!!

All the functions are in the voice control - just nothing happens!
Lenny
[quote name='propw4sh' timestamp='1317588184' post='146800']
Cheers dude,

I'll go ask the dealer tomorrow and make myself look stupid!!

All the functions are in the voice control - just nothing happens!
[/quote]

with the voice control in the Mk2.5 you had to say exactly what it requires to be said,
so press voice button,
then say ''Help''
the system will then tell you a list of functions
which to use them you must say exactly the same as the car tells you.
hope this helps, may save a trip to the dealers :)
propw4sh
[quote name='Lenny' timestamp='1317592665' post='146832']
with the voice control in the Mk2.5 you had to say exactly what it requires to be said,
so press voice button,
then say ''Help''
the system will then tell you a list of functions
which to use them you must say exactly the same as the car tells you.
hope this helps, may save a trip to the dealers :)
[/quote]

Cheers Lenny,

The words are correct and the Voice system recognises them fine - just nothing happens. All other bits of the Voice system: Telephone and Audio etc, work just fine - so I think it may just be that the manual aircon doesn't integrate with the voice.

Cheers
paul
Preee
Voice control of Aircon only works for Climate control not manual , although i am surprized that the commands are there. My 2.5 has standard aircon but no voice commands in there at all , although the manual runs through All the coomands.

Maybe you'd be lucky and perhaps be able to get the digital instead of manual and it would plug and play.
propw4sh
Cheers preee,

I had thought about that. Will have to keep an eye out for wiring diagrams / pin connections and see if it will work.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.