Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiesta Mk6 Brake Light
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
pedxxx
Trying to replace the bulb in my son's MK6 Fiesta Zetec is a nightmare. It is the high level centre brake light. The handbook isn't much help. It tells me to remove grommets from the back, shove a screwdriver in to release clips and light should come out.

The problem is I can't detect any clips and I can't get it to budge. Has anybody attempted this or are there any photos? (which I realise could be difficult).

Phil,
Newcastle
jay1981
I have changed one before. It is really quite easy. The way I did it was to work on one side of the light and then the other. Gently pull on the front of the light as you unclip it using a screwdriver through the hole at the back.
Lenny
[quote name='jay1981' timestamp='1317735193' post='147028']
I have changed one before. It is really quite easy. The way I did it was to work on one side of the light and then the other. Gently pull on the front of the light as you unclip it using a screwdriver through the hole at the back.
[/quote]

Perhaps if you get 2 wood screws or similar,
remove the two screws theat are holding the lens,
then lightly scrw in the woodscrews just a small bit,
enough to grip the lens,
then get a pliers and griop the woodscrew and pull

this method will give you somthing to grip and pull with,
should make it easier :)
pedxxx
Thanks for the answers. The problem remains I can't find the clips.
joshtimber
These brake lights are changed in new Ford Fiesta. They are led based lights. Check them they are awesome.

Full Colour Version: Fiesta Mk6 Brake Light
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.